Terms and Conditions
The use of this website is subject to the following terms, conditions, and policies:
- No Legal Advice & No Solicitor-Client Relationship: The materials available on this website or on any of the links on this website do not constitute legal advice; they are legal commentary, and hopefully trenchant opinion, but not advice. Use of this website and any of the links on the website do not create a solicitor-client relationship between you and us.
- Third Party Links: Obviously we’re not responsible for the contents of any third-party resources that can be accessed with links from this website. Those links are provided for your convenience only and don’t imply any recommendation, approval, or endorsement of those sites by us.
- No Warranty & Limitation of Liability: This website, and all information available on or accessed through this website, is provided on an as-is, where-is basis. That’s a polite—if opaque—way of saying that we make no warranties, representations, or claims of any kind concerning the information presented on or through this website. Your use of this website is at your own risk. Any materials on this website may be changed, improved, deleted, or updated without notice. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in this website’s content or for damages arising from the use of this website, any information on it, or its performance under any circumstances.
- Copyright Notice: All copyrightable text, graphics, etc., on this website are © Gaming Counsel Professional Corporation. All rights reserved. That’s the bad news. The good news is that you have our permission to freely download and print our materials from this website for the purposes of reading, viewing, and retaining them for your reference. If you think that anything on this website infringes upon your rights (we’re confident it doesn’t—we’re sharp lawyers), please contact us and we’ll consider the matter honestly and earnestly.
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation: We are compliant with the provisions of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation and its regulations. We do not send out newsletters—that’s what we think social media is for—and we don’t spam people. We do, however, respond to requests or inquiries from prospective clients (provided they are solicited); to referrals from our satisfied clients (we’re always happy to receive those); and, to existing client requests for help or information.
- Changes: This page was last updated in February 2016. We reserve the right to change any aspects of the terms, conditions, and policies at any time by posting a new page at this location. That may seem heavy-handed, but it’s our site and it’s only fair. By your continued use of this website, you consent to those revised terms, conditions, and policies.